See the full report and comment here: https://leedsfoodpartnership.wordpress.com/
Feed Leeds has completed the Audit of the Leeds food system that was commissioned by Leeds City Council in February 2016 as part of LCC’s progress towards a new strategic approach to food.
As required, the 72 page report is structured around Sustainable Food Cities’ Key Food issues:
1. Promoting healthy and sustainable food to the public
2. Tackling food poverty, diet-‐related ill health and access to affordable healthy food
3. Building community food knowledge, skills, resources and project
4. Promoting a vibrant and diverse sustainable food economy
5. Transforming catering and food procurement
6. Reducing waste and the ecological footprint of the food system
It also introduces four new Themes to provide a second axis of assessment:
A. Health and Wellbeing
B. Social Sustainability
D. Environment, Green House Gases (GHG) and Pollution.
One of the Next Steps outlined in the report suggests that Leeds should run the CPRE Mapping Local Food Webs Toolkit. If LCC are not able to fund this, alternative funding might be found. The chief advantage would be engagement with parts of the Leeds Food System, including some LCC departments, who have to date remained elusive.
Please visit this website and comment below.