This is a quick, easy, cheap and healthy sauce that can be used on pasta, pizza or topping for chicken or fish. It’s also really tasty!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs (oregano, basil, rosemary)
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry gently until the onions are soft.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, mixed herbs and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Serve with pasta or use as a pizza topping. Alternatively, add more vegetables and blend to make a soup. Enjoy!
- Blitz some roasted red peppers for a tomato and red pepper sauce.
- Add pitted olives and capers, a tin of drained tuna and little chilli powder.
- Add half a tub of soft cheese, a tin of drained tuna or salmon.
- Or simply add to pasta shapes, sprinkle cheese and bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes.