This is a great recipe packed with goodness. Add left over vegetables to make it even healthier and tastier.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of medium curry powder
- 120g red lentils (rinsed)
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 pint low salt vegetable stock
- 2 cauliflower florets
- 500g potatoes, peeled and chopped into chunks
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions until soft.
- Add the garlic, turmeric, curry powder and chilli powder and give it a stir. Add the lentils and most of the stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the cauliflower and potatoes, cover and simmer for about 20-30 minutes or until lentils are cooked. Add more of the stock if it is drying out.
- Serve in bowls with salad and yoghurt.
Add chopped carrots, frozen peas or other vegetables for variety.